Sunday, May 12, 2013

The beginning

I don't know if I will keep this up or not. I generally go strong on things in the beginning then peter off shortly afterwards, but I figured I will give this a go anyway.

I like beer. A lot. I recently decided to start brewing my own beer and have dreams (possibly fantasies) of one day starting my own brewery. I intend for this blog to an outlet for my adventures in homebrewing. I may do some beer reviews on here too, but probably only if I drink one that blows me away.

That's pretty much the scoop. No bells and whistles (at least not yet). Just a place for me to talk about a budding hobby.

Before I go, let's end this first post with a tribute to the beer that made me first realize how wonderful beer can be. I don't think it is going too far to say that this beer changed my life, and I still think about it with a sense of reverence and amazement even though I haven't had it in a few years. That beer is Troegs Nugget Nectar.


Although I have only recently become a homebrewer (my first beer actually isn't even finished yet), I believe it was my first sip of Nugget Nectar that laid the foundation for the journey on which I plan to embark. I'm excited to see where it takes me.

I hope we talk again soon.



-Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment